Monday 21 July 2014

REVIEW- 2014 Primark beauty range- Brushes.

Primark make up brushes review.

Last week I purchased five different make up brushes from Primark, these included a blush brush, foundation and concealer brush, a powder brush and two eye shadow blender duo-brushes.
The total cost of the brushes came to £12.50 which for me, is an absolute bargain as most people know, buying a good, long lasting make up brush is not cheap. Not only are the brushes affordable but they are also very cute and compact!

For the past week in which I have been using the brushes each prove worthy of continual use, however I have my doubts towards the Primark beauty range as I have had a bad experience..(involving some mascara and an allergic reaction!)
 Above, the foundation-concealer duo brush. This brush has to be my favorite brush from the Primark brushes range as for me, both brushes are perfect shapes and both apply make up brilliantly, the concealer brush blending well and the foundation brush applies evenly and from experience, does not leave awkward, tacky foundation lines! my only criticism would be the foundation brush and its high density as I have often found myself rubbing particular areas such as around my nostrils, after the application with my fingers.
 Above, The blush/powder brush, this brush is definitely a winner for me! It can be used as a powder, blush and contouring brush. This is the softest brush from the range and has a high density, meaning the product will apply in smaller quantities and the application will not squash the brushes hairs or clog up the brush either.
 Above, the eye shadow applicator brush and the eye shadow blending brush. I found this brush a little less to my liking than the others however I use the smaller end for applying eyebrow powder as it really nicely applies. The blending brush was a disappointment for me as it easily clogs up, becoming rigid and slightly painful to apply eye make up, this could easily be resolved by constant washing and drying but if you're constantly on the go like myself, this can be challenging and time consuming.

Above, the final brush purchased, the Kabuki brush. not only is this fun to say but is the perfect size for applying bronzer or blending out powders. The kabuki is incredibly soft and pleasant to feel on the face, similar to the large powder/blush brush featured above, the kabuki brush has a very low density, saving the amount of product used, after all, less is more!

Over all, I have no regrets from purchasing these brushes, and came back a couple of days later to purchase a sponge egg foundation applicator/blender, also from the Primark beauty range! The brushes are affordable, pretty and do their job!
The best thing so far about the brushes is that no hair has fallen out as we all know how annoying this can be, finding stray brush hairs littered across your cheeks after trying to apply foundation...Grrr.
I would go and buy these brushes again as they have worked well and seem sturdy enough to last. I will keep the Primark brushes review updated as I am curious as to how long these will last and be effective for.

Primark 2014 beauty- Pink and Black brushes- 4/5 stars.

Stay beautiful!
                       
                             -Hollyxo

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this . It was very helpful. I saw them today at Pmark ,but was not sure if I should get them .Now I just might . Looking forward to future posts . Keep up the great work ,God bless .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News. Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Appreciate it. gluten free cosmetics

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Article it its really informative and innovative keep us posted with new updates. its was really valuable. thanks a lot. Power Derm Brandon fl

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking to reading your next post. Tantric massage mumbai

    ReplyDelete